Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I hate to throw away food items, but...

I threw away peanut-containing products! www.fda.gov or 1-800-CDC-INFO
I thought we were fairly safe from the peanut product recalls, since we don't didn't have any of the problem brands/items in the house. 

Surprise!

When rummaging in the cabinet for something else, what did my eyes spy but a box of offending crackers!  And, when we then investigated further, we had one recalled granola bar left in its box.  The other 5 had already gone down the hatch, pre-recall.  Guess those were safe.

I hate to throw away food items, but in this case, it's better to be safe than sorry.  Nope, I didn't even compost them.  They went out into the can...

If you haven't already done a once-over of your pantry, now's the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment